Thursday, January 1, 2009

Long Time Between Posts

Once holidays start I get out of routines, one of which is keeping the blog up-to-date.

It is the first day of 2009 and I'm sitting in bed drinking good coffee while Leigh reads interesting bits out of yesterday's Herald.

We had a quiet New Year's up at the Boss' where we caught up with the Sykes' who are camping there and also with Cath Kan and Simon who turned up to camp as well with their two neat boys.

Xmas day seems quite a while ago. It was a neat day with my sister Janine and her two kids and our son Thomas home. Adrian (from work, not the Shields one) spent the afternoon with us and we had a BBQ for a late lunch.

Activities since include fishing at Blakes and catching 2 snapper, a 2m shark and 2 stingrays last Sunday, having 15 teenage friends of Lucy staying for the night and lounge floor on Sunday night, tidying the garage and store room on a wet Tuesday, and spending the day with the weedeater bringing my walking and MTB track under control.

I'll post some photos when I can get myself, the computer and camera together at the same time.

Oh, I nearly forget, I'm a skyper now and can't understand why we never clicked on to it sooner. I've aalready spoken with 3 long lost friends: Ron (ex Galloway St flat from 1976-77) from Gisborne, Chris (ex same flat) now Deputy VC at James Cook Uni in Townsville and Brent (ex same flat) now in Rotorua.

See you in cyberspace!

Have a great Ne4w Year!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Yep - Skype is great. My friend Mhairi (my 'early adopter') was on it ages ago, and now I've done it I also think - why did it take me so long! But I can't find Sam - can you send me his Skype name?

Eryn said...

Skype is very cool - stuff of Sci Fi, really...

Anonymous said...

Great to catch up with you all. Old times were goodies in Opotiki. Almost makes me want to come back up there but I'll have to wait to my olds bite the dust...
I'll try and email those photos some day soon... so check your email and let me know when and if that hospitality position comes up...
Cat Kan