Thursday, November 30, 2006

Where Did The Day Go?


Quite a full-on day today despite only juniors at school. The wahine did a lot of good work this morning mopping up the reluctanr participants for Year 10 Outdoor Ed next week. I met with the man from the ministry and was able to skite about our huge success in reducing suspensions from 64 in 2002 to 1 in 2006. This was followed by a lengthy meeting in two parts with my Network Manager to finalise budget requests for next year. We're moving closer to a 1GB backbone for the whole school! We had to break in the middle while I conducted a summative appraisal meeting for one of my staff which was very positive. Unfortunately, these meetings went most of the way through lunchtime as well so I missed the Bilingual Unit farewell luncheon for Heremaia. Immediately after lunch I booked 5 kids in for Saturday School after they were found dodging underneath a classroom! I now had the first piece of time in the day to try to tick off some of the tasks for the day. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of checking my emails so that was 15 minutes gone! I then met with a contributing Primary Principal and a visiting principal to outline the restorative approach we were attempting at our school. A newly appointed staff member had arrived around lunchtime and after he had met with departmental staff and checked out a school flat available I was able to catch up with him before he headed home. I then had a coffee with one of the wahine and went to start on the tasks for the day and discovered it was 6.00pm! so I thought I would go home. The tasks will have to wait for tomorrow's day in paradise! Looking forward to the Possum's MTB ride in the Blue Mountains on Sunday.

No comments: